As my internship resumes, I continue to test battery performance through the yield checking process at Imprint. The data collected from this process will be utilized for cell selection before the shipment of products.
My PCBs are finally ready, and everything is coming together! As I have mentioned in the last few blog posts, I designed and printed two PCBs: one for the converter and one for the driver needed to generate the PWM for the converter.
Something I learned this week: Sometimes in science, your initial interpretations are incorrect, and in order to allow science to progress and to really even call it science you have to own up to when you are wrong.
These two weeks, I have been learning solid state chemistry and spending more time in the lab. Solid state chemistry sounds like a very hard and intimidating subject. However, I have been synthesizing solid state cathode materials for batteries, and it is surprisingly simpler than I thought!
It has been roughly a year since I first started using R and this past week I compiled together a larger portion of the scripts and functions I’ve written for my internship so far. I’ve finally hit a milestone of mine, writing a 1000+ line set of fully functional code.
Bad data, how could that be good in any way?! I felt the same during the initial stages of cleaning up gauge data, but the more I learned about different methods of cleaning and imputing data the more I realized that there was a lot to gain from it.
These past weeks, I have finally created mixed 2D/3D perovskites with the correct phase, similar to ones found in literature! One of the new changes to the experimental procedure was making one of the precursor chemicals, the butylammonium iodide (BAI), ourselves rather than buying it.
Imprint Energy has outsourced their battery manufacturing process abroad. I am in charge of quality control and battery performance testing for each battery that is manufactured and shipped to our facilities. Recently, there has been mix up with the labeling of the batteries.
The past two weeks have been super hectic. I’m now working on four cities in total: San Jose, Los Angeles, Boston, and New York City, and I’ve discovered a highly frustrating lack of standardization among publicly available datasets.
Impassioned World Cup group stage matches, nascent in their sowing of excitement and nationalistic pleasure, have just about two weeks under their belt, and my sinusoidal love and attention spent following the game of soccer is just about reaching its crest.
The past two weeks have been packed; I’ve learned a lot from my work, from my coworkers, and from random observation (one of the perks of a small startup is that there are interesting conversations going on all the time right next to you).